[Imc] IMC Library Meeting Minutes

Ellen Knutson eknutson at uiuc.edu
Fri May 18 02:45:59 UTC 2001

In attendance: Ellen Knutson, Mike Perry, Meg Minor, (Greg Wolf)

The library group grew by two people this week, Greg Wolf and Meg Minor,
Ellen gave both of them tours of space and basic information about what has
been done so far.

Greg and Ellen met at 4:00 to talk about the organization of the 'zines.
Greg agreed to do some work on organizing what is in the back and bringing
them up front.

During the official meeting time we discussed what activities are (or have
been) going on:

* Mike Brunnell working on magazine subcription tracking.
* Mike Perry and Seth are working on subject guide database
* Ellen Knutson created shelf list of books and minidisks in archive
* Bob Cook and Brandon Bowersox created archive database
* James Jacobs is working on collection development and is interested in
working on the library website.

We NEED to make sure that all the database work is complementary before too
much more work goes on. We agreed to discuss this at the next meeting. The
"shape" of the library catalog is something that can benefit from the
thinking of the group.

Meg agreed to stamp all the periodicals with the UC-IMC Library stamp.