[Imc] 8am.com and IMC

editor at 8am.com editor at 8am.com
Sun May 20 15:02:27 UTC 2001

Congratulations to IMC on making such strides in the last year.  I've
observed this process, contributed occasionally to the site, and look
forward to the new directions (print, for example) underway.

I'd like to take this opportunity to suggest that IMC members and
affiliates sign up for the 8am.com mailing list that I edit.

In some ways, I would like to think of it as an arts and opinion adjunct to
the news-oriented Urbana-Champaign IMC.

While IMC provides an alternative news source, 8am provides art reviews and
opinion pieces.

Right now, the mailing list for 8am has some 700 subscribers.  Each week,
there are three to five mailings sent to subscribers: reviews of local
theater, local film reviews, Carl Estebrook's News from Neptune column,
Darren Drda's weekly Channel X cartoon, poetry by David Wright, and arts
and entertainment announcements.  There are no strictly news items and no
feature articles or profiles.  It is, as the web site proclaims, "8am --
Champaign-Urbana Opinion and Review."

I'd like to add a music reviewer and additional opinion pieces.  Please
write me at editor at 8am.com if you'd like to contribute.

Check out the 8am web site at http://8am.com/.

And, most of all, please subscribe to the mailing list.  I promise it won't
clog your mailbox and it will help expand a) communication in the community
and b) the scope of the promise of IMC.