[Imc] possible antidrugwar PSAs?

Jay Morris jrmorris at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:51:14 UTC 2002

IMCistas!

I finally saw Bush’s drug war commercial (if you buy drugs you are
supporting terrorists), and I feel it is begging for a response … if not
just for mockery.

Here's the idea.  I want to put together a series of 10-15 second PSA’s for
WEFT that could be played together or distributed throughout the day.  Each
would have a different person’s voice, followed by a voiceover.

Some examples:

<sound of a pop machine dropping a coke can out> "I helped Colombian
paramilitaries slaughter union leaders".  (voiceover: Where do
Colombian paramilitaries get their money? If you buy Coke products,
some of it might come from you.")

<sound of a car starting> "I'm helping oil executives ensure that we
never have clean air or renewable energy". (voiceover: Where do oil
industry lobbyists get their money? If you buy gasoline, it comes from
you.")

<sound of dubya snorting cocaine> "snooort ...  snoooort ... yeehaw! I
just helped terr'ists fly planes into our 'merican buildin's"
(voiceover: Where did terrorists get the money to organize and fly
planes into our buildings? If you were high on cocaine through the
80's, some of it might have come from you.")

1) Can anyone come up with any other ideas for this?

2) Would anyone like to lend their voice (or their best dubya impersonation)
to read one of these?

3) Does anyone know about how to get PSA’s onto the air at WEFT? and whether
or not they would go for this? and/or who would be willing to play this
during their shift?

These should be very easy to put together, so if I can get some ideas and
some voices, I’ll do it ASAP.

Thanks a lot,
Jay