[Imc] tracking

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Tue Jul 23 21:21:02 UTC 2002

I did this after reaching consensus in informal dialog with Sascha,
Paul R., and Mike L.

Part of our original policy on IP tracking was that for an immediate
security threat IP tracking would be allowable on the sysadmin's say
so. My consent to the original cessation of IP logging was based on my
understanding that when I deemed it neccessary for immediate security
reasons I could temporarily enable IP tracking. This can of worms has
already been discussed.

This issue will be discussed at tomorrow's tech meeting.

I will be happy to discuss the specifics of this offlist with anyone
who is interested but for now I prefer to keep the discussion offlist.