[Imc] Sterrin Group Notes July 28, 2002

mlehman mlehman at students.uiuc.edu
Sun Jul 28 18:04:38 UTC 2002

IMC Steering group notes July 28 2002

Sascha, Mike L., Mike W., Dan C., Brian H., Zach

Girlzone- OK pending any concerns raised by spokes not present. Need to
coordinate alternatives for Sunday meetings. We will revisit this the couple
of meetings just prior to Girlfest.

Mediation: Will be up for formal approval at next week’s Steering group
meeting, pending any objections or additional comments.

Website Abuse: Discussion of spamming/flooding/hacking activities by DAN. We
have plans for dealing with these attacks and have identified the problem
areas, although more analysis remains to be done. You can read more about this
on the Newswire in a story by Zach. This will be revisited at next week’s
Steering group meeting.

News Gazette: The N-G asked us to remove an entire copyrighted article that
was posted to the Newswire. We edited the story to a short excerpt, leaving
the link back to the original story.

Urbana Business Alliance: Sascha proposed that we join the UBA. This will
allow us to engage directly with others businesses and promote the interests
of the IMC in all downtown affairs. The cost is $50.

Art Attack: Sascha will enter exploratory discussions with Art Attack to
possibly use the IMC for shows. Concerns were expressed about shows by artists
that might want to also use the space. Sascha will report back on the
possibilities and ideas of coordination.

IMC Network Principles of Unity: We will be discussing these with the idea of
approving these principles that are ascribed to by all IMCs.

All decisions made pending expressed concerns of spokes not present.

Mike Lehman