[Imc] 3/13/02 Shows Working Group Meeting Minutes:

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 14 04:19:27 UTC 2002

3/13/02 Shows Working Group Meeting Minutes:

In attendence:  Jenny S. (Facilitating), Eric H., Sascha M. (Notetaker),
Zach M., Mike F.

Agenda:
Making Fliers
Distributing Fliers
Update on Performance Space
Equipment Purchasing
Inventory & Labeling
Upcoming 2 weeks of Shows & Staffing
Poster Children
Using the Booking List
Backroom Logistics

***************

Making Flyers:  Maiko made 2 sets already & we need 3 more sets made.  We
should have a set look for shows.  Eric will do flyers and create a
template for shows & will get a template to Jenny.  Reproduction is taken
care of.

Distributing Flyers:  System is worked out.  We might be able to get help
from folks already doing flyering.  In interim, Zach will do Urbana, Amy &
Jenny are doing campus & dorms, & Eric does downtown Champaign & Amy is
doing Champaign proper.  We would like to get flyers to High Schools --
Zach will take care of initial contacts.  We need to distribute: Matt
Pond, PA & AM/FM shows this week.  Matt needs to be reminded about the
pizza box deal -- Sascha will remind Matt.

[Zach would like to organize a pan-progressive monthly mailing collective
-- all organizations would come on a single night]

Update on Back Room: Budget and plan is done and Zach will send it to
Steering Group for Sunday's meeting.  Once every 2 months would like to
see an IMC benefit show.  Sascha called for concerns: chairs either yes or
no but not in-between; food money must be kept separate because it is a
suggested donation; door prices are suggested donation.

Back Room Logistics:  Recycling trashcans -- we should buy a couple.
Jenny will buy them or contact the city for blue-bins.  We should revise
the IMC Shows Template to include:  cleanup, recycling & trash, washing
dishes, furniture reset, spot for guest list.  We should sell more IMC
food.  Regular cleaning & sweeping & deep dusting.  Jenny will contact
Mike L. re: scaffolding to do dusting with.  Check guest list to make sure
it doesn't get out of hand -- local bands "no guest list" and touring
bands "by request" suggested.  We should say "doors open at 7p.m." for
shows.

Equipment:  Eric will contact music stores.  We need an instrument mic or
two; DI box or two; boom mic stand or two; XLR-->.25-inch adapters;  PA
AMP & Speakers; good headphones.

Inventory/Labeling:  We should have a work meeting to label everything and
inventory the back room.

Next 2 weeks of shows:
3/14/02 -- Zach-sound, Amy-food, Avram-door; Sascha-misc.
3/19/02 -- Sascha-sound, Eric-door, Matt/Amy-food; Zach(?)-misc.
3/28/02 -- Zach-sound, Jenny-door, Mike F.-food, Eric-misc.
Staffing:  we will do sound training and apprenticeships; Zach will put
out an e-mail for the next round of sound training.

Poster Children: 4/12/02 show -- They want lots of sound-board stuff &
specs on the sound system.  Eric will make it all o.k.  Jenny will send to
Zach what they want; Zach will send to booking list what we have.

Jenny will create set-up and clean-up check-lists; Zach will create
soundboard checklist.  Bands shouldn't load into the back room -- should
load into the middle room or the back room storage area.

Adjourned 10:15

Respectfully Submitted,

--Sascha