[IMC] Quad Day: Sunday, Aug 26, 2012

Raymond Morales rmorales02 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 15:58:33 UTC 2012

Have folks started to organize for this? This is THE MOST IMPORTANT IMC
EVENT OF THE YEAR. (*Quad Day: Sunday, Aug 26, 2012*)

I implore folks once again to play their part so we have a good showing. We
need someone to bring a laptop and collect signatures on the spot so that
you can immediately e-mail people who sign up.

If we do not have an effective showing, I dare say that we will not achieve
our potential. We need new blood and this is the single most important
manner to do so.

*Very cool:*
-Having 2-3 DIFFERENT people there every hour to encourage people to attend
-Someone drafting a sample Welcome e-mail to send out to all. (best would
be a newsletter)
-Bringing literature for all portions of the IMC at the table
-Respecting the rules of the day (ie not collecting money, staying with the
bounds of the booth, etc)

*Not cool:*
-Collecting signatures and sitting on them for months before contacting
people.
-Not showing up on time to hold our reservation so we lose our booth.
-Having one person at the booth for hours
-Having one person responsible for bringing EVERYTHING to the booth

Best,
Ray
MD/PhD Candidate in Biochemistry

Executive Producer & Host, The Show