[IMC] UP Center's Pride Festival 2012

The UP Center of Champaign County press at unitingpride.org
Mon Aug 20 13:59:59 UTC 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

August 20, 2012: The UP Center of Champaign County and Fluid Events
present the 3rd Annual:

[1]C-U Pride Festival
  Links:
    1. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=5d04c3851d&e=f29686f407

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 8, 2012
LINCOLN SQUARE MALL, INSIDE AND OUTSIDE

JOIN US FOR FUN
* Entertainment Galore
   INCLUDING – Jariko, Stephen Leonard and other local favorites
* Foam Parties
* Drag Performances
* DJs
* Local Artists Booths
* Community Organizations
* Kids Play Area

JOIN US FOR FOOD
* Piato's
* Mamma D's Smokehouse
* Bending Creek Concessions
* Shanghai 1938

JOIN US FOR EDUCATION
* Workshops Throughout Saturday
* What Does It Mean To Be An Ally?
* Local Queer History
* Youth Drag 101 (Pre-Registration Required)
* Engaging Your Elected Officials
* Candidate Forum

EVENT HOURS (SEPT 8)
Noon to 2:00 am

FAMILY TIME
Noon to 9:00 pm

BROUGHT TO YOU BY
CU Pride Fest is working side-by-side with Fluid Events, 88 Broadway,
the LGBT Resource Center of U of I, and The Urbana Business Association
(UBA). Questions about the event can be directed to our staff by
calling 217-550-4248 or emailing us at pride at unitingpride.org.

VOLUNTEER!!!
This year is guaranteed to be the best Pride Festival yet. But, we
can't do it without your help.  So, if you, your friends, officemates,
sorority, fraternity, or family would like to volunteer at this year's
festival, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at
[2]volunteer4pride at unitingpride.org. THANK YOU!
  Links:
    2. mailto:volunteer4pride at unitingpride.org?subject=Volunteering%20at%20Pride

RELATED EVENTS

SEPTEMBER 7, 2012

     A SEVEN CORPSE DINNER MURDER MYSTERY

     CUTC Presents
     "Date with Death: A Queer Encounter"

     Guess Who Dun It Prizes
     Dine with us, participate in the fun, & guess the murderer
     and you will have a chance to win one of these fabulous
     prizes.

     88 Broadway in Lincoln Square
     September 7th, 2012
     Cocktails @ 5:30pm, Show @ 7pm, Food @ 7:30pm

     Price
     $40.00 per person

     Tickets
     The UP Center, CUTC, 88 Broadway OR online at
     http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=bb0c74d6c8&e=f29686f407

SEPTEMBER 9, 2012

     Dish it UP: Post Pride Brunch
     Stop in at 88 Broadway Sunday morning, Sept 9th and put
     the final touches on your C-U Pride Fest weekend!! We will
     be providing a fabulous PIATO CAFE brunch hosted by the
     Champaign-Urbana UP Center.  Start your day with a
     delicious meal and drag performances by 5 of our favorite
     queens!

     Date/Time
     Sunday, September 9, 2012
     Doors will be open and food will be ready at 10am!

     Tickets
     Tickets are $25 a piece with complementary mimosas
     provided by 88 Broadway.

     Get your tickets today by contacting The Champaign UP
     Center, 88 Broadway, CUTC or online at
     http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=149602181f&e=f29686f407.

PACKAGE DEAL

      MYSTERY DINNER & BRUNCH AT ONE LOW PRICE!
      Get a ticket for both the Mystery Dinner and Brunch for
      only $50. Tickets can be purchased at The Champaign
      Up Center, 88 Broadway, CUTC Piato, or online at
      http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=87fe306d40&e=f29686f407.

The UP Center of Champaign County would like to thank the follow
sponsors of Pride. Please join us in supporting those that have
supported us, as there have been many, this year alone, who refused to
support the festival due to the "Pride" theme.

Please send any request for interviews, articles, promotional materials
or donations to Jeffrey Chandler, Marketing Director for the UP Center,
at [6]Jeffrey at unitingpride.org.
  Links:
    6. mailto:Jeffrey at unitingpride.org

The UP (Uniting Pride) Center of Champaign County is a multi-service
agency, for youth and adults, to support and promote human care,
education, and community-building activities directed at furthering the
well-being and development of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender,
questioning, and ally community of Champaign County. To get involved or
find more information on The UP Center please visit
[7]www.unitingpride.org.
  Links:
    7. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=84593ef474&e=f29686f407

The UP Center of Champaign County
202 S. Broadway, Suite 102
Urbana, IL 61801
+1 (217) 550-4248
http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=037fb65957&e=f29686f407
[9]Press at unitingpride.org
  Links:
    9. mailto:Press at unitingpride.org

###
[10]Find Us On Facebook[11]Read Our Tweets
  Links:
    10. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=55291bb2a9&e=f29686f407
    11. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=d31585aa07&e=f29686f407

The UP Center of Champaign County

202 S. Broadway Ave, Suite 102

Urbana, IL 61801-3319

+1 (217) 550-4248 | http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=bb7ec1f683&e=f29686f407

Sent to imc at ucimc.org — [13]why did I get this?
[14]unsubscribe from this list | [15]update subscription preferences
The UP Center of Champaign County · 202 S. Broadway · Suite 102 · Urbana, IL 61801-3319 Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&afl=1
  Links:
    13. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage.com/about?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=ec10739a04&e=f29686f407&c=b3df2e8d37
    15. http://unitingpride.us2.list-manage1.com/profile?u=4c40a72c8ec7d51043642af7d&id=ec10739a04&e=f29686f407