[IMC] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Unlike One's Own Exhibition, Anton & Release the Kraken Performance, Anne Clements Music Performance

YooJin Hong indigo.coop at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:57:32 UTC 2012

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, June 11, 2012

CONTACT: Connie Aigner
connierichardsaigner at gmail.com

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Unlike One’s Own Exhibition

The Unlike One’s Own exhibition will be open at indi go Artist Co-Op:
Monday ~ Friday: 3-7pm; Saturday: 11am-8pm; Sunday: Closed

The word “alien” is most commonly used to describe a being from another
world, usually a traveler. As such, we are exploring how found materials,
marks, objects, colors, and textures influence the way in which a viewer
interprets a work. Through this fusion of processes we want to complicate
the familiar, to stimulate curiosity, and to transport the viewer with a
new experience of the ordinary; to see familiar things in a new way-
perhaps as an outsider would.

"alien"— n-any being or thing foreign to the environment in which it now
exists — adj - unlike one's own; strange; not belonging to one. Synonyms 1.
immigrant. 2. See stranger. 3. outcast. 4. exotic, foreign.

          ###
*

*
*

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, June 11, 2012

CONTACT: Phillip Sudderberg
psudderberg at gmail.com

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Anton Hatwhich & Release the Kraken Performance

The performance for Anton Hatwhich & Release the Kraken is on Friday, June
15th from 8pm to 10pm at indi go Artist Co-op. Admission fee: $7 for adults
and $5 for students. Open to the public!

"Release the Kraken (improvised saxophone & drum set duo)” & “Anton Hatwich
(solo double bass compositions and improvisations)"

Anton will be performing solo bass pieces, some of which will be drawn from
his new 7" solo bass record, "Portraits". The pieces on that record are
improvised following a specific cognitive routine, and are an experiment in
musical thought as it relates to and translates into spontaneous
composition. Anton will also be performing other compositions of mine as
well as an improvisation or two. Copies of "Portraits" will be for sale at
the concert.

Release the Kraken works from a repertoire that is wholly improvised,
putting a premium on the ever fleeting ‘now’. The Chicago/Champaign-based
duo is comprised of Danny Andrade on tenor saxophone and bass clarinet, and
Phillip Sudderberg on drum set and percussion. The pair’s musical history
stretches back nearly 12 years. Their performances are thus carved out of
deep trust and a shared musical unconscious.

          ###
*

*
*

*
*

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Monday, June 11, 2012

CONTACT: Anne Clements
clementsanne at yahoo.com

CONTACT: YooJin Hong
217-721-0860
indigo.coop at gmail.com

Anton Hatwhich & Release the Kraken Performance

The performance for Anne Clements is on Saturday, June 16th from 7:30pm to
9:30pm at indi go Artist Co-Op. It is open to the public and the admission
cost is $5.

Anne E. Clements plays well-crafted originals and well-mutilated cover
songs that will take you from one end of the snark-sap spectrum to the
other, behind a steady groove and the occasional melodic flourish. Come on
out and get your toes tapping, your brain sparking and your heartstrings
just a little tugged.

"I mostly play an electric guitar, which is a bit unusual for a
"singer/songwriter", but I like to use the range of the instrument to help
me weave the subtleties of voice, guitar, and wordsmithery into a unique
song experience. I tend more toward the "oil-painting" school of
songwriting than "photorealism": a song starts with an emotion-spike, a
Good Line or two, and a musical hook, then you add layers to make it into
Art – something other people can relate to, and that will hopefully amuse
them, point them at an old or a new feeling, and, ideally, make them think."

          ###
*

*
*