[IMC] Convicted killer Jamie Snow supporters sponsor billboard seeking justice

Tammy Alexander alexandertammy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 18:16:33 UTC 2012

For all press inquiries please contact:

Tammy Alexander
Committee to Free Jamie Snow (CFJS)
P.O. Box 944
Collierville, TN 38027
Email: press at freejamiesnow.com
Website: http://www.freejamiesnow.com

(BLOOMINGTON, IL; May 1, 2012) – Supporters of Jamie Snow's innocence are
sponsoring a billboard located at Veterans Parkway and Eastland Drive in
Bloomington Illinois. The billboard offers a toll free tip line and a
website to which tips can be submitted.

"Enough is *Enough* McLean County" is a public request from Snow advocates
asking McLean County to reopen the investigation and vacate the conviction
based on newly discovered evidence to include a 1999 police
interview<http://freejamiesnow.com/docs/Int_Pelo.pdf>with the first
officer on the scene, Jeff Pelo, that directly contradicts
star witness Danny Martinez testimony. Snow heard this report for the first
time in 2004.

Other issues include over a dozen affidavits in which state witnesses
recanted or changed their testimony and proof of ineffective assistance of
counsel.

Snow is also seeking testing of physical evidence from the crime scene. The
physical evidence retrieved in 1991 has never linked Snow to the crime, and
has not been tested with new technology.

"We are asking for help from the public," said Snow supporter, Pamela
Wilson. "We know he didn't commit this crime, but someone knows who did.
It's been too long, and it's time for the truth to come out. Although many
have come forward with new information, we continue to seek help."

The fundraising effort was spearheaded by the Committee to Free Jamie Snow
(CFJS), a group of friends, family and supporters that formed in response
to the wrongful conviction of Jamie Snow. The billboard message will change
monthly and run through July.

Jamie Snow of Bloomington, Illinois was convicted in 2001 of the 1991
murder of a gas station attendant during an apparent robbery. He has always
maintained his innocence. In 2008 the University of Chicago’s Exoneration
Project accepted his case.

Snow recently appealed to the Illinois Supreme Court requesting oral
arguments in an effort to obtain a hearing to review newly discovered
evidence to include proof of ineffective assistance of counsel and over a
dozen affidavits in which state witnesses recanted or changed their
testimony. Snow is also seeking testing of physical evidence from the crime
scene. The physical evidence retrieved in 1991 has never linked Snow to the
crime.

A decision from the Illinois Supreme Court could take several months.

For more information on this case, please visit:
http://www.freejamiesnow.com. If you have information concerning this case,
please call our toll free, confidential tip line at: 1-888-815-9299 or
email: tips at freejamiesnow.com.