[IMC] C-U Confidential - Issue 8 - ROUND 2 advertising solicitations

C-U Confidential cuconfidential at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:43:10 EDT 2014

Good afternoon friends,

*Well *... here's where we're at in the current do-we-or-don't-we-publish
scenario:

I'd love to tell you "DONE DEAL!" and that I have the funds to go to press
on C-U Confidential #8 RIGHT NOW.

I'd also rather be honest with you and tell you "NO GO" because I fell well
short of the projected budget goal for CUC 8.

BUT, *I received some response from my last e-blast and we're now at the
$1500 mark in ad sales for CUC 8.* For perspective, I need around $2K to
publish the page count and total run of last issue, or $2500 to add more
content and/or increase the total run substantially.

*One of our new/returning advertisers suggested putting out CUC 8 in time
for Pens to Lens 2 in August.* That is actually a GREAT idea, even though
CUC isn't necessarily geared for kids. (Parental units can *always *stand
to learn more about who we are and what we do, however.) *The timing by
default would also mean CUC would cover the C-U just as UI and Parkland get
going for fall semester.*

SO, I could postpone like I had feared OR I could keep stringing this along
until the adequate funds are available, sans fragmenting my attentions
further with a desperation Kickstarter or some such.

*I will knock 15% OFF ALL PRICES above Bargain Ad for those who book
between NOW and FRIDAY, JUNE 13* (Oooooooooo...) *to hit that goal.* Write
me back at this e-mail ASAP, Indie Press Hero, if you want to chip in and
have something of yours to plug in the meantime.

ALSO, we have *a standing offer by James Barnham of Indi Go Gallery to
match $100 to the next $100+ ad buy*. C'mon. You know YOU want to be the
one to unlock this generous gift!

If we're perilously close by 5 p.m. Friday to that $2K minimum, I will put
my money where my mouth is (as always) to make up the bit of difference.

Think hard this week, people of the C-U film world. Rate sheet available on
request or at http://www.micro-film-magazine.com/cublog/?page_id=145. *BACK
COVER AND INSIDE FRONT COVER SPACE IS BOOKED, btw.*

Thanks a bunch,
Jason P.

p.s. I'm all ears for suggestions of methods on how to successfully reach
beyond all you peoples into the C-U at Large (or that big, crazy world out
there) to help keep this project afloat.

--

C-U Confidential
C-U Blogfidential