[Imcamericorps] Staffing the Desk

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:31:16 CST 2009

My feeling about this is that a regular hour every day that we know
isn't going to be covered for a week is easier to handle than a block
of five hours on one day. If you know you're going to be taking off
for a few days or a week at a time, I think it'd be better for you to
take a known low-traffic hour every day. That way we can choose to
staff it or not, since it will likely already be 'fuzzy staffed' by me
or Carly or Katy. If you schedule yourself to staff 5 hours on Monday
and then have a three-day weekend, we'll have to scramble to fill some
of those hours, but probably won't get all of them. We might not be
able to cover the high-traffic hours on short notice.

Does that make sense? Thoughts?

Brian