[Imcamericorps] Aetna Insurance Cards

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:37:52 CST 2009

Hi All, just got off the phone with Aetna about reimbursing me for my
prescription. I learned some interesting things.

When I talked to the representative he said I didn't have an ID
number. He also said that ID cards had not been ordered for us. He
said that the order is supposed to occur automatically at the time the
policy is created. No reason why that didn't happen. He said he
ordered an ID card for me, but that it could take 3 - 4 weeks get
arrive in the mail.

I think it'd be a good idea for all of us to call the claims
department and make sure they they've ordered cards for us. I've been
trying to get the Meijer pharmacy to charge Aetna for the
prescriptions, but it hasn't been working. Of course, Aetna claims
that my social security number is as good as an ID number until the
card gets here. Surprise!: that's bs.

I assume that our group number is the same for all of us, but I
wouldn't know for sure. The group number the rep gave me is
0891343-10-000
The Aetna number to call is 1-800-788-6557. Press 1, then 2, if I
remember correctly.

This is a mess. No surprise there, I suppose.

Brian