[Imcamericorps] Aetna Insurance Cards

Nicole Pion nicole.pion at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:47:14 CST 2009

This is ridiculous.  Carol and I will call tomorrow and get to the bottom of
this.  You should not have to call to get a card, but I still recommend that
you do.  Also, keep track of who you spoke with, what they told you, etc.

We definitely have signed you all up.  I know because Jason T sent in the
forms and has been corresponding with our representative.

Nicole

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Judith Pond <judith.pond at gmail.com> wrote:

> Same story. Called several numbers, no one seems to know anything except
> that I'm not in the Aetna system. I had to wrangle with a few different
> representatives to get it sorted out, and it still will take a couple of
> days before anything actually happens.
>
> Brian is right: call before you need to use the insurance, just to make
> sure that everything is copacetic. I also have a number that is supposedly
> the direct line for AmeriCorps volunteers: 866-897-7473.
>
> Good luck.
>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 5:37 PM, Brian Duggan <bcdugga at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All, just got off the phone with Aetna about reimbursing me for my
>> prescription. I learned some interesting things.
>>
>> When I talked to the representative he said I didn't have an ID
>> number. He also said that ID cards had not been ordered for us. He
>> said that the order is supposed to occur automatically at the time the
>> policy is created. No reason why that didn't happen. He said he
>> ordered an ID card for me, but that it could take 3 - 4 weeks get
>> arrive in the mail.
>>
>> I think it'd be a good idea for all of us to call the claims
>> department and make sure they they've ordered cards for us. I've been
>> trying to get the Meijer pharmacy to charge Aetna for the
>> prescriptions, but it hasn't been working. Of course, Aetna claims
>> that my social security number is as good as an ID number until the
>> card gets here. Surprise!: that's bs.
>>
>> I assume that our group number is the same for all of us, but I
>> wouldn't know for sure. The group number the rep gave me is
>> 0891343-10-000
>> The Aetna number to call is 1-800-788-6557. Press 1, then 2, if I
>> remember correctly.
>>
>> This is a mess. No surprise there, I suppose.
>>
>> Brian

Nicole Pion
Outreach and Development Adviser
AmeriCorps CTC VISTA