[Imcamericorps] [Imc-bookkeeper] IMC PHONE USAGE

Katherine Lieder klieder at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 15:00:28 CST 2010

Derrick also has access to the production room.  And the people working the
front desk take the phone out because we are supposed to have it with us.  I
had the experience today of Chris taking it off my desk without asking to go
make phone calls.  I did not know how to say no politely at the point where
he was already dialing.  Perhaps a general notification to both of them and
moving the phone to Joy's office would be enough?

--Kat

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:52 PM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for bringing this up Joy. I agree that there's no reason the phone
> should be used for personal reasons and folks shouldn't be receiving
> personal calls on it.
>
> I know Chris Evans has worked on production group projects, not sure about
> Derrick. Either way, maybe we need to move the phone into a more secure
> location?
>

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 2:46 PM, JOY <imcbooks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> We have been receiving several calls throughout the day (and evening) for
>> both Derrick and Chris Evans. We have had similar instances in the past, and
>> I was informed that our policy is that personal calls are not to be made or
>> received on the IMC's telephone. Not only is it inconsiderate and disruptive
>> to those of us trying to work, but it is taking advantage of IMC's
>> resources.
>>
>> I also question why these two have access to where the phones are kept.
>> Are they involved with working groups that would allow them access to the
>> production room? Someone please clarify.
>>
>> If you see anyone using the IMC's phone please inform them that personal
>> calls (and I cannot imagine what IMC business they are conducting) are not
>> permitted. That applies to both outgoing and incoming. If you are not
>> comfortable stating that, please let me know and I will try to track them
>> down.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Joy
>>
>> --