[Imcamericorps] AmeriCorps Week

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Wed May 12 14:48:54 CDT 2010

Hi Aimee,

No worries. We repacked cans at the Food Bank yesterday and we had
plenty of help, so we weren't hurting. We labeled and resealed over
23,000 cans of food!

Unfortunately, we were rained out of the Community Garden today. It's
just mud right now.

If you're still in town, we'd love to see you at the AmeriCorps Week
closing ceremony this Saturday at 3:30pm at the Independent Media
Center. If you'd like a tour of the IMC, come at 3:00pm and we can show
you all the cool stuff we're doing here.

202 S. Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801
217-344-8820

Thanks for planning to volunteer and thanks for the followup!

Brian

On 5/12/10 2:06 PM, lilusbugus at aol.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Aimee Jones.  I am an AmeriCorps NCCC alum and I called
> last week to sign up for your service project at Eastern Illinois
> Foodbank yesterday, Tuesday, May 11th.  I believe I spoke with Brian,
> who said he'd be happy to see me there.
>
> My travel plans changed at the last minute, though, and I was unable
> either to make it or to phone and let you know I wouldn't be there.
>
> I still wanted to help out, so I went to the area north of Stratton
> Elementary School for the Community Garden Cleanup this afternoon, but
> no one was there.
>
> I just want to apologize for any confusion I might have caused and for
> you leaving you short one pair of hands yesterday.  I hope the
> foodbank project went wonderfully and that you're able to plant in the
> community garden soon.
>
> In Service,
> Aimee
>
> --