[Imcamericorps] Email Conflict Discretion

Elizabeth Simpson elizacorps at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 9 12:37:24 CDT 2011

Hi folks-

This isn't a comment at all on who or what I do or don't agree with:

It's easy to forget how many people are on these lists. I notice the email below (as well as others) was also sent to the tenant's list, for example.

So, I offer a  reminder to keep any emails on these lists in the language of professional communication, and to only include relevant people (not reply all) It is a deterrent to get critical personal emails (be in other people's business), and we want (I think) to encourage, not discourage participation. Here are some links I find helpful about conflict on email:

Email Disputes: How to Avoid Conflict Escalation
http://brunerbiz.com/email/email-disputes-how-to-avoid-conflict-escalation/

Email Conflict: The ping-pong effect and mono-blogging

http://searchwarp.com/swa7134.htm

Managing Conflicts with Email: Why it's so Tempting
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/threat-management/201001/managing-conflicts-email-why-its-so-tempting

-elizaBeth

learn about my latest project:
Celebrate Urbana People's History Project
www.urbanapeopleshistory.wordpress.com

support Creative Intervention Agency and Change of State Performance Project!
We provide workshops, trainings, and mentorship to support activists, performers, communities, troupes, and organizations with tools from across the arts/organizing spectrum.

http://tinyurl.com/creativention
(please be sure to designate your donation to CSPP)