[Imcamericorps] Staffing Changes

Kristina Williams kristinawho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 13:46:08 CST 2011

Few questions:

1. How will I know whether my time is covered?
2. Who will be contacting me to inform me of my staffing need in the event
of a volunteer's absence?
3. What is the cut off time for a township volunteer to cancel a staffing
shift?  An hour before? Half an hour before? Five minutes before? Five
minutes after?  If this hasn't been established yet with volunteers, I think
it would be advisable to clarify to them a deadline for last-minute
cancellations.
4. Will time covered by volunteers be a consistent weekly commitment?
5. How far in advance will I know if my shift will be covered?
6. How is priority set for which shifts get covered?

-Kristina

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 12:11 PM, carol ammons <carolammons at gmail.com>wrote:

> Good morning All,
>
> We are trying our best to reduce the number of staffing hours members
> personally have to cover.  We have added two Township volunteers to our
> staffing calendar to-date and are actively pursuing RSVP volunteers to
> staff.  Although, your personal time may be covered, we cannot guarantee
> that those we've recruited to staff that time slot will actually show up.
> This means that the AC member is still responsible to ensure that staffing
> is taking place for them.  If the township/RSVP member is unable to come, we
> will contact you directly to inform you of the staffing need.  Please make
> sure that you leave time in your own schedule for last minute staffing,
> since we cannot guarantee coverage.  Please make sure that you request
> coverage from another AC member if your volunteer slot is not covered and
> you have an appointment at that time.  I hope this is clear, if not, please
> notify me with your questions.
>

> --
> Carol Ammons-Program Director
> Americorps/UCIMC
> 202 S. Broadway Avenue
> Urbana, IL 61802
> 217-344-8820 (office)

Kristina Williams, News Media Coordinator
Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center <http://ucimc.org>
kristinawho[at]gmail[dot]com
202 S Broadway
Urbana, IL 61801