[Imcamericorps] Staffing Changes

carol ammons carolammons at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 16:16:07 CST 2011

Good afternoon All,

Thank you Kristina for your questions.  First, we are in a trial period to
attempt to use other volunteers to help us with staffing.  That means,
things won't work perfectly initially.
So, I'll answer the following questions like this:

1.  Each member can go to the staffing schedule weekly, which will be
updated by Friday for the upcoming week, to see what volunteer is scheduled
in your time slot.
2. & 3.  I will contact the member who is normally scheduled for the time
slot in the event that a volunteer does not show.  Unfortunately, we are not
always notified in advance of a change in the volunteers schedule.  Although
we ask for adequate notice, at least 24 hrs. in advance, we don't always get
it.  So, we have established a time frame for cancellation but township
works are not the most reliable in communicating there needs.  We express
the same standards that are expressed to our members but we haven't gotten
100% compliance on either front.  We just continue to ask for it and at some
point we release them from service with our organization when this is a
continued problem.
4.  We are trying to make their commitment consistent.  We have not covered
all staffing hours yet.  We are still working it out and hopefully, we get
enough volunteers to cover 100% of our staffing hours.  Remember, even if
volunteers are scheduled in your slot, you are still responsible for being
available in the space, if a cancellation does happen.  We are trying to
initiate this so that members have more time to complete other task when in
the office.
5.  Again, the schedule is posted weekly.  It is the responsibility of the
member to visit the staffing schedule to check for coverage.
6.  The current schedule is based on the availability of the volunteer and
set at 3 hour blocks of time.  We are looking at getting RSVP volunteers to
cover the slots that are still open or served by AmeriCorps members.

Remember, this is a trial period and staffing may change.  The goal is to
get others involved and meet our commitment as an organization to staff 40
hours per week.  This is a work in progress.

Carol A.