[Makerspace-keymembers] Notes and Action Items from Future Directions Meeting

Emily Knox emilyknox at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 15:01:03 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

Just a reminder that we have a few action items from  our meeting on April
13.  We might want to have some of the info before our general membership
meeting this Sunday.

Emily

Member Meeting April 13, 2014

Attendees: Barry, Gergana, Monica, Emily, Jeff

Began with Brainstorming where we’d like to be in 3 years

-Pictures of white board below

-Blue circles on items doable in 10 months

-Black circles around items doable in 2 years

Focused on items that can be accomplished in 10 months

Within the Next 10 Months

1. Membership Drive

    a. Goal - Reach sustainable level of membership

    b. Ideas

        - Autodraft when you sign up (Stripe - Erich meet with Durl)

        - Bring membership info when we table

        - Annual fundraiser appeal

        - Existing members become keyholding membership

        -Membership forms needed

        -More publicity - tied to more workshops?

    c. Action Items

        -Gergana will contact Erich about Stripe

        -Emily will write fundraiser appeal

        -Emily and Gergana will do membership forms

2. Reserve Funds

    a. Goal - 3 months of expenses in reserve

    b. Ideas

        - Apply for more grants

        - Earmark part of grants to reserve (some percentage)

        - More donation jars around the space

        - Better signage for donation jars

        - Get Stripe ready

        - Sell snacks

    c. Action Items

        - Emily will search for grants

        - Barry will look into better donation jars

        - Monica will ask Carleen to make some signs

        - Gergana will get some snacks

3. Better Organized Space

    a. Goal - Be able to find things easily

    b. Ideas

- Better boxes for storage area

        - Garage sale

        - Regular recycling and garbage

        - Policies for regular removal of recycling/garbage

    c. Action Items

        - Monica will research better boxes

        - We will have garage sale May 10th

        - Members will work on better regular removal on May 9th (Barry in
charge)

4. Deeper Collaboration with Other Groups

    a. Goal - To spread our message

    b. Ideas

        - Mine our connections

        - Work on marketing

        - Always have the kits

5. Finances

    a. Goal - Possibility of less dependence on IMC

    b. Ideas

        - Figure out the consequences of leaving

        - Becoming a 501c3

    c. Action Item

        - Emily will find out consequences of leaving IMC

6. Capital Campaign

    a. Goal - to move to larger space

    b. Ideas

        - Form a committee to work on this

    c. Action Item

        - Form a committee

Discussion of signing lease

    - Based on previous discussions, decided to sign one year lease

    - Barry and Emily will sign lease