[Makerspace-keymembers] Women in Technology Open House Sudden Date Change and Explanation

Elizabeth Surbeck ejsurbeck at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 22:45:30 UTC 2014

I offer you all my sincerest apologies for being rather silent until now
about the Women in Tech Open House updates. In short what happened was a
sudden IMC Open House rescheduling, which would have taken place in
practically the same area of the IMC we would have been stationed and would
have run into our scheduled time for the Open House.

We did not have an immediate Plan B and hope that this one will be at least
mostly agreeable. With the following, I hope to bring you all up to date
and give you a chance to reevaluate whether you are able to join us still
or not. While we great hope that you will, we understand if you are unable.

After much discussion of the pros and cons of a good new date for the Open
House, we have settled on, fully reserved, and just confirmed May 24, which
is the weekend after graduation ceremonies at the U of I. While this is
inconvenient for undergraduates, other parts of the Champaign-Urbana
community would still be available.

In summary here is the (new) details of the event.

What: Women in Technology
When: May 24, 1:00-4:00pm
Where: The Independent Media Center's Main Room and Sun Room in Urbana, IL

*Additional Information for tables:*
Setup time begins at 1:00pm and we have reserved the space until 6:00pm so
you will have plenty of overlap time to wind down talking to other
participants while packing up. With the sun room, tables should have easy
access to outlets if needed and we can provide tables for those who would
like a table or two provided.

*Additional information for speakers:*
Please let us know what your likely format for presenting will be. If you
have a powerpoint presentation, we will make sure you will have a
projector, screen, and laptop available for use.

We will have the speakers and the following panel made of those speakers up
on the stage in the main room so they will be close to the tables but there
should be no interruptions.

*For both tables and speakers*:
You all have been emailed because you have been asked in some capacity to
participate. Because this is a major date change, I would like to ask you
you as individuals or organization reps contact this email,
ejsurbeck at gmail.com, in the next week as to whether or not you would be
able to come to our Open House on this new date or if you are unable. Of
course, do let me know any concerns or questions and we will clear them up
immediately to the best of our abilities.

With sincerity,

Liz Surbeck