[Makerspace-keymembers] Women in Technology Open House Sudden Date Change and Explanation

Elizabeth Surbeck ejsurbeck at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 00:05:47 UTC 2014

I want to thank those of you, especially our potential speakers, who have
expressed concern about changing the Women in Tech date to Memorial Day
weekend this past week. In order to have as many as possible come to the
event, we are moving it to the following week on *May 31, 2014*. This will
be the unmoving date for the Women in Tech Open House. The time and
location remain the same. Only the day is being changed and it is so no
one's three day weekend plans will be interrupted. If you or your group
cannot do this date, please let me know by about March 14. If you need
longer, just let me know about that, too. This is deadline is merely for
helping to keep track of planning. If you are unable to attend this time,
we are hoping that we can take what we have learned from this event in
putting on another similar event in the future.

Thank you everyone for your patience and input during this.

*In summary here is the (new) details of the event.*

What: Women in Technology
When: May 31, 1:00-4:00pm
Where: The Independent Media Center's Main Room and Sun Room in Urbana, IL

*Additional Information for tables:*
Setup time begins at 1:00pm and we have reserved the space until 6:00pm so
you will have plenty of overlap time to wind down talking to other
participants while packing up. With the sun room, tables should have easy
access to outlets if needed and we can provide tables for those who would
like a table or two provided.

*Additional information for speakers:*
Please let us know what your likely format for presenting will be. If you
have a powerpoint presentation, we will make sure you will have a
projector, screen, and laptop available for use.

We will have the speakers and the following panel made of those speakers up
on the stage in the main room so they will be close to the tables but there
should be no interruptions.

With sincerity,

Liz Surbeck