[Makerspace-keymembers] Fwd: [Makerspace Urbana] Invitation to speak and give a demo/workshop at Purdue University

Jeffrey Putney quaker at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 16:07:57 EDT 2016

This is interesting:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Shannon McMullen, Purdue University, Program in Electronic and
Time-Based Art <smcmullen at purdue.edu>
Date: Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM
Subject: [Makerspace Urbana] Invitation to speak and give a demo/workshop
at Purdue University
To: makerspaceU at gmail.com

The Electronic Life Histories Project (
http://electroniclifehistoriesproject.com/about/ ) is organizing a one-day
event on waste and electronics on April 21, 2016.  In addition to myself,
this effort is co-organized by Dr. H. Kory Cooper, Associate Professor in
Anthropology and Dr. Laura Zanotti, Associate Professor in Anthropology at
Purdue University, with close cooperation with the Purdue Office of
Sustainability.

We would like to invite members of the Electric Waste Orchestra and/or
members of the Makerspace Urbana to attend this event and participate by
providing a workshop on the creative reuse of  ewaste and to give a
performance. We would be delighted to have you join the event given your
creative and DIY approach to e-waste. We can offer an honorarium of $500
and cover travel expenses from Illinois.

If you are interested in participating, please contact me at (
smcmullen at purdue.edu) by March 30.

Thank you for considering this request and we hope to hear from you soon!