[Peace-discuss] My headers are "suspicious"

Stuart Levy stuartnlevy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 16:24:27 UTC 2021

Hello JB,

There have been other legitimate messages held up automatically because
the chambana.net mailman software thought it had "suspicious header"
blocks, but they seem to be rare.   The only ones in the "peace" admin
queue since last August that were flagged with a suspicious header were
yours from yesterday, and two from Karen Medina sent last August.

It's frustrating to moderate this list, because for some reason I no
longer get e-mail messages summarizing the set of messages that have
been held for moderation.   I can still see them, but only if I
know to
look at the admin page.   So when I saw your comment yesterday,
I did
set that message free.

It's not obvious to me why it thinks the header is suspicious.
(Would
you like me to send you a copy of the full e-mail headers, in case you
can tell why?)   Though even if we did know the reason, I'm not sure
what to do about it.

One route might be to give up on lists.chambana.net e-mail server, and
migrate to something else.   Since I think some people still write to
the @anti-war.net address, we'd need control over that.
I believe
it's in the name of Rosemary Braun - I last talked with her in 2007, and
who knows whether she'll have 18-year-old login information, but can ask.