[rfu-automation] Fwd: Automatically switching playlists with Scheduled Tasks and ZaraRadio

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Sat Jul 1 18:31:16 CDT 2006

All:

Over the past week or so I have been testing out on my own computer  the
possibility of using Windows Scheduled Tasks to have ZaraRadio automatically
switch between two different playlists.

This seems to work fine and should make it possible for us to play indecent
and profane material during safe-harbor hours of 10 pm to 6 am if that is
what we all decide to do.

The one little glitch, as I believe has been noted here before, is that when
ZaraRadio restarts with a new playlist (or is even closed and restarted with
the same playlist), it resets its volume to the maximum which may cause some
distortion of the sound. Resetting the computer's system sound to a lower
level might compensate, but back when we first set up ZaraRadio, Stéphane
said that ZaraRadio distorts at its maximum volume on our automation
computer regardless of the system sound volume setting. So we still would
need to check this out on the automation computer itself, or find another
way solving the volume problem if we are going to be switching playlists as
we go into and out of safe-harbor hours.

--Gary