[rfu-automation] Anything goes on the automated musical playlist?

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Thu Jul 6 20:32:11 CDT 2006

Joe:

Thanks for the information about the playset piece in particular and this
novel type of music in general.

I never said I didn't like the piece or that it wasn't interesting (it
certainly was). I was just wondering if this would be considered (or even
intended to be) music and whether we should consider expanding the role of
the playlist to include spoken word art.

Just let local artists put their stuff on automation and don't sweat it. If
> some listener (including you or me) doesn't like it, who cares? They can
> subscribe to satellite radio, visit the iTunes music store, or listen to one
> of their favorite CD's. But RFU is the *only* outlet for some of these local
> artists, and that's what we should be.

Well said.  As Lynsee mentioned earlier, it is Radio FREE Urbana.

--Gary