[rfu-automation] Re: D'oh!

Lynsee Melchi lynseemelchi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:27:23 CDT 2006

>> So basically this mean clean music can be heard any time. Unchecked music

> >> can be heard only during safe harbor.  Known naughty music is never
> heard.

I am NOT okay w/censoring songs w/naughty words in them.  Censoring in the
sense that we don't play them.  I have no problem w/songs being edited to
the FCC's tastes, but I don't see any reason why we should just not play
songs w/swear words in them.  Maybe I'm misinterpreting what "naughty music"
is...

This will mean that pretty much any hiphop song will never see the light of
day.  There are plenty of positive hiphop songs (and other genres) that have
one or two naughty words in them and I don't see why they should be
penalized cos they don't pass the swear word test.  We have a lot of
positive socially minded hiphop in our library that needs to be represented
on our station.

Sorry if I misinterpret...

Lynsee

--
Tune in to More Fire! on Radio Free Urbana 104.5FM.  More Fire! is a crazy
music extravaganza on Monday nights 11pm-1am (or later).  Check us out

"Trust can never be a fortress, a safe enclosure against life.  Trusting is
dangerous.  But without trust there is no hope for love, and love is all we
have to hold against the dark."
       -Creina Alcock-