[rfu-automation] Re: D'oh!

Joe Futrelle futrelle at shout.net
Fri Jun 23 09:47:49 CDT 2006

Yeah, we don't want to exclude whole genres of music, but on the
other hand if there's a track that's obscene or otherwise obviously
completely unacceptable to the FCC to be played at any time then we
do need to pull it. So there are really four tiers that we're talking
about here.

1. Unchecked: starts on the safe-harbor playlist
2. Completely unplayable: is removed from the automation computer as
soon as we discover it
3. Indecent/profane: kept on the safe-harbor list and safeguarded in
our procedures from being played at any other time
4. Safe: copied from the safe-harbor playlist to the safe playlist

We can protect ourselves from accidentally playing the safe-harbor
playlist during the day in multiple redundant ways, some automatic,
some manual.

--
Joe Futrelle
Person