[rfu-automation] Studio remake computer concerns

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 29 09:06:06 CDT 2006

All:

I have not heard back from Dan Meredith or anyone else about getting help in
moving the automation computer into the studio, adding the transmitter
control software to it, and providing remote access to it from the
production room.

I think it would be a mistake to move the automation computer into the
studio without providing remote access from the production room as it would
prevent anyone from the automation working group from working on the
automation computer during the best times to work on it, that is, during a
live show when it is not being used to broadcast music.

So I think we might want to hold off on making the computer changes until
remote access issues are resolved.

I also wonder if it will be possible to add music to the automation computer
from CDs via remote access. At the least, this would require that the remote
machine have a CD drive, and I am not sure if that is the case for the
computer currently used for transmitter control.

--Gary