[rfu-automation] Re: [rfu-tech] Email contact info

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 20:30:01 CDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Noel L. Vivar <nlvivar at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> FYI, a 2 min. PSA is actually fairly standard. I think that the last
> radio station I worked at got professionally done PSAs from the WWF
> (wildlife, not wrestling) and the Dairy Association (they talked about
> how you should check your cows to stop some udder disease) frequently
> received CDs and they would often have ~30 sec, ~1 min, and ~2 min,
> recordings, so you can choose in the booth.

i guess i dont really care how long they are but i do know that we
cant have many large files in the mailing list.

> Anyways, 2 minutes is not unreasonable. However, we could make any hard
> and fast rule that we want.

yeah again, i dont care how large they are.  if we are going to have
larger files we need to make this part of the website rather than
stored in emails/mailing lists.

> Also, we currently do not have any bitrate limit posted. Should I say
> that everything should be at 96kbps mp3 and have everything sound like
> it was recorded in a phone booth?

FYI, 96kbps is way better than both phone (~21kbps) and fm radio (~56kbps).

Daniel