[rfu-automation] Automation Updates, 12/16/2008 - holiday/current events content

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 16:32:20 CST 2008

I discussed this with Andrew earlier today, and scheduled some new content
in our automation for this week and next.  Here are the details of my
updates:

1.) WRFU Benefit PSA is now inactive and should cease playing.

2.) Thousand Kites CALLS FROM HOME Holiday Prisoner Program (60 minute
special program):

*Thousand Kites *wants you to lend your voice to a powerful grassroots radio
broadcast that reaches into our nation's prison and lets those inside know
they are not forgotten.   Thousand Kites staff is asking you to call their
toll-free line *877-518-0606* and speak directly to those behind bars this
holiday season. (An answering machine will record your message) Read a poem,
sing a song, or just speak directly from you heart. Speak to someone you
know or to everyone---make it uplifting.  CALLS FROM HOME will broadcast on
over 200 radio stations across the country and be available for download
from our website on December 13.  Call anytime (now through December 9) at *
877-518-0606* and record your message.  *CALLS FROM HOME is a project of
Thousand Kites/WMMT-FM/Appalshop* and a national network of grassroots
organizations working for criminal justice reform.  *www.thousandkites.org*
Scheduled dates/times on WRFU:
Saturday 12/20 and Sunday 12/21: 5-6pm
Saturday 12/27 and Sunday 12/28: 5-6pm
Wednesday 12/24 and Thursday 12/25: 12-1am

Sometime between 12/28 and 1/4/09, someone will need to deactivate these
events and reactivate Media Matters, Media Geek, and War Radio News for
Saturday-Sunday, 5-6pm.  I think I will be here to do that otherwise.  There
is no conflict with Wed-Thur 12-1am automation.

3.) IMC Radio News Special Commentary, "The Destructive Class" by Chris
Evans (12 min.; discussion of political corruption in light of Blagojevich
case):

Wed 12/17: 4:30pm
Fri 12/19: 4:30pm
Wed, Thur, Fri 12/17-19: 1am

On 12/17 and 12/19 at 4:30pm, this will supersede Corporate Watchdog Radio
and Making Contact, both of which I will reactive after Friday.   There are
no late night conflicts.

--
Stephen Fonzo
Media Training Advisor