[rfu-automation] Marathon update

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Tue Feb 24 15:06:02 CST 2009

I checked in on the station around 1am, just as Extensions was due to
finish. I heard the ID at the top of the hour, but then instead of the
Homelessness Marathon, it went to music. I logged into Zara remotely,
and found that the log showed errors at the top of each hour, as
the .m3u file I was pointing at was an 'unrecognized file format'. I
tried the .ram link on audioport, but that also failed as
unrecognized. Then I tried the feed that didn't include a file-type,
just a location, and that worked fine. My method was to edit the
existing event, changing the start time to just after the time on the
automation computer, and listen on air while watching Zara.

So, we started playing the marathon about 1:12am. Think it should have
continued OK through the night.

Lessons:
.m3u and .ram streams will not be recognized by Zara
Check in on Zara early on in these events to make sure they're running
properly. Remote access is our friend here.

Andrew