[rfu-membership] Re: scheduling on WRFU, Thurs 8-10pm

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 13:04:35 CDT 2007

I agree with Ken. I'm uncomfortable with doing this.

First we need to confirm that the slots are truly no longer in use.
Membership is just getting in position to followup with logs to confirm
current show slot use and proper logging. If these were shows who
properly notified the list they were going on summer hiatus, then
they've actually only missed the last two shows. However, I've seen no
notice to the lists about missing doing these shows for any reason in
the last two weeks, either. So this otherwise unexplained absence does
put these programming groups in danger of losing their slots.

Assuming these are now open time slots, then the usual procedure will
have to be followed when we have an open slot. To do otherwise would be
unfair to other programming groups.

That said, anyone who has noticed regular non-use of scheduled time
slots should bring it to the attention of Membership. Radio time is a
limited commodity and needs to be re-allocated if it is going unused.
Mike Lehman