[rfu-membership] Fwd: Inquisitions download

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sun Apr 20 19:23:24 CDT 2008

I mentioned recently my desire to broadcast a special 2-hour radio
play for May Day. We have an opening in our schedule from 12-2pm, and
I'd like to broadcast the show during that slot on Thursday, May 1.

I forgot to mention this at our meeting yesterday, but I'd like, if
there's no objection, to add this play to our automation system for
this time slot on May 1. I'd also, again subject to general
consensus, like to request that individuals refrain from pre-empting
the play with live ad hoc programming (as they are generally entitled
to do).

May Day originated, of course, in Illinois, and is now celebrated
world-wide as the Workers' Holiday. Labor Day was introduced in the
United States primarily to dampen demands from workers and unions
that May Day become a recognized holiday. I think it would be fitting
to mark May Day through broadcasting this play, given our mission to
be a 'progressive radio station collective committed to social justice.'

I apologize for not raising this during our meeting yesterday, and
welcome the comments of members on my proposal.

Andrew

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Between The Lines <betweenthelines at snet.net>
> Date: 17 Aibreán 2008 10:31:18 GMT-05:00
> To: andrew at funferal.org
> Subject: Inquisitions download
>
> Dear Andrew:
>
> Thank you for your completed registration and agreement regarding
> Inquisitions, an important broadcast commemorating May Day (the
> original Labor Day). Enclosed are the download instructions.

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM
http://www.wrfu.net andrew at funferal.org