[rfu-membership] Fwd: training for new program co-hosts

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 18:52:19 CST 2008

Andrew,

Thanks for raising this concern.  This seems to be a very appropriate time
to start a contact list of trainers at the station - those willing and/or
able to train new members.  As Media Training Advisor for the IMC, I am
willing to be a contact and coordinator for this effort, and also offer to
"train the trainers," to make sure they know everything and are
comfortable.  We ideally want to have as many trainers as possible; this
should not be a problem, given that there is hardly any esoteric knowledge
required to be an airshifter or to train others.

-Stephen

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 5:54 PM, Andrew Ó Baoill <andrew at funferal.org> wrote:

> Membership/Training - What's the current status of having members train
> others? I know we want to balance making things flexible, with making sure
> we've got some central knowledge/control of what's being implemented.
> Perhaps someone could talk through the necessary aspects of training with
> Maggie (she's already gone through training herself) to make sure she covers
> all bases.
> Andrew
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> *From: *<mtaylo22 at illinois.edu>
> *Date: *December 9, 2008 10:51:27 AM CST
> *To: *andrew at funferal.org
> *Subject: **training for new program co-hosts*
>
> Hi Andrew,
> I think Saturday went great.  I was happy to be involved in the event.
>
> I'm writing because, as you know, Alex and I are dropping the Amplified
> Librarians show, but I will be applying for a new show with two new members
> and hosts for the new show.
>
> I was wondering if it's possible for me to train these new folks on the
> tech/studio/program operations?  If I am able to train them, where do I get
> some guides and the sheet to sign off when they've completed the training?
>
> Thanks, Maggie

Stephen Fonzo
Media Training Advisor
AmeriCorps CTC VISTA