[Rfu-station] Volunteers needed - Farmers' Market, Quad Day, and more

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Tue Aug 19 13:58:05 CDT 2008

We had a very successful meeting this past Saturday, and need
volunteers to put some of our plans into action.

Most urgently, we need volunteers to operate our stand at the Farmers'
Market this Saturday (8-10 and 10-12) and to assist at Quad Day this
Sunday (10-4) and at Taste of Nevada (4-7). We already have some
volunteers committed to Quad Day and Taste of Nevada, but could do
with more, even for as little as 30 minutes at a time.

We have an offer of use of a screen printing facility in the IMC, to
print up t-shirts. I know some of you have expressed interest in
helping with this previously. If you can help, please let me know, and
hopefully we can have a new batch of WRFU t-shirts, patches, and so
on, available soon - this will greatly help both with outreach and
fundraising. The sooner we can get this done the better - we will be
able to start selling the shirts at the Farmers' Market and elsewhere.

Finally, for this mail, I'm looking for people interested in covering
the conventions in the coming weeks. The Democratic Convention starts
next week. I plan to add some external content to automation (and
could do with help in this) but would also like to find volunteers
interested either in:
* Covering the conventions in their shows. I can put you in touch with
potential interviewees on the ground at the conventions.
* Doing extra programming focused on the conventions and/or the
elections. Again, I can put you in touch with interviewees and point
you toward sources of drop-in material.

Andrew