[Rfu-station] Volunteer Needs update

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Wed Aug 20 16:18:41 CDT 2008

Here's an update on our volunteer needs in the coming two weeks - I've
highlighted where we NEED extra volunteers (other volunteers also
welcome, of course). Note I've included our need for trainers:

Farmers' Market:
We have a volunteer for 8-10am.
We NEED a volunteer for 10-12.

Quad Day (Sunday 12-5pm):
Nicole will coordinate this stand - we have to be set up by 11:45am.
We NEED more volunteers for short shifts between 12 and 5pm.
We will probably want to move some/all of our materials from the Quad
to Nevada street between 4 and 5pm.

Taste of Nevada (Sunday 4-6pm):
Ray will coordinate our stand. We have some other volunteers.
Extra volunteers always welcome.

TRAINING
We have 5 volunteers to run training sessions.
We NEED more - we want to run 8 90 minute sessions, each with 2
trainers (one focusing on structure and rules, another on operating
the studio equipment). That's 16 90 minute commitments. If we can get
another 5 volunteers that will be 1-2 sessions per person. We will
provide 'training for trainers' for all, so you'll get a training
refresher yourself, and get trained in what you need to cover in the
session you run.

CONVENTION COVERAGE
We have some volunteers. We continue to seek volunteers:
* Interested in including convention coverage in their regular shows
* Interested in producing special convention coverage
We will have access to local activists on the ground, and others who
will be producing grassroots coverage of the convention, and it would
be great to take advantage of these resources.

Let me know if you can volunteer for any of the above.

Andrew