[Rfu-station] Membership; Weekend success; more volunteers needed

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Aug 25 23:34:44 CDT 2008

First, remember that WRFU membership must be renewed by our meeting on
2 September. Dues are in two parts:
* $18 WRFU fee
* $25-50 IMC sliding scale donation

The WRFU portion is not waivable. The IMC donation can be waived on
request.

If you can afford to make a special Tower Fund donation, in addition
to your dues, please do so - we are applying for some grants that may
cover much of the remaining cost, but we will still need to raise some
additional funds locally.

When you renew your dues, remember to fill out an IMC membership form
and a programming group form. Training forms will need to be completed
when you undergo retraining (more on that soon).

*******
Thanks to everyone who helped make the weekend a success - we had a
stand at the Farmers' Market on Saturday, there were two IMC/WRFU
stands at Quad Day, and thanks to Ray we not only had a stand at Taste
of Nevada, but simulcasted the event live on air.

I counted at least a dozen different IMC activists involved over the
two days, the vast majority of them WRFU volunteers, so I think we
should feel good about coming together as part of the IMC and having
such a great success.

*****************
Now, onto our next steps:
* We need volunteers to run our stand at the Farmers Market this
Saturday (30th). As always it's 8-10 and 10-12.
* We still need a volunteer to coordinate t-shirt printing at the IMC.
* We have 7 people available to do training, but we could do with a
few more. Let me know if you can do this: you'll need to commit to
running a 90 minute session (2 if possible), and we'll be providing
you with training in advance.

I'm also looking for volunteers to help facilitate initial meetings of
our Outreach and Finance working groups. Remember - each WRFU member
needs to be active in a working group, and we need Outreach and
Finance to be active if we are to thrive and grow as a station, so
please step forward, if you haven't yet identified your volunteering
commitment, and help make sure we cover these vital areas.

Andrew