[Trees-executive] Press release

John Sullivan jms at math.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 7 13:46:00 CDT 2001

That press release attachment seemed to actually be a DOC file, Jim.
At least I could decode it with "catdoc" on unix to give:

Illinois Power Customers United To Save our Trees
110 South Race Street, suite 205 Urbana, Illinois 61801

PRESS RELEASE

For immediate release:               Contact: Carl Malmgren, IPCUTSOT
April 6, 2001                        (217) 328-4022 or malmgren at uiuc.edu

Where do we go from here?:

      Panel discussion planned about the revision
    of Illinois Power's Vegetation Management Tariff

(Champaign, IL): The IP Customers United to Save our Trees has
organized a roundtable discussion regarding Illinois Power's new
Vegetation Management Tariff. The meeting will take place on Tuesday,
April 10, at the Champaign Public Library at 7 P.M.

The panel will consist of three principle speakers. First, Illinois
State Representative Tom Berns will share his views on what role the
legislators will play in the on-going process of revising regulations.
Next, Peter Millburg, vegetation management representative from Illinois
Power will present IP's position on how they will proceed in creating a
revised tariff. Millburg will also gather testimony from concerned
citizens about what issues need to be addressed in the new tariff. The
third speaker will be Carl Malmgren, the IP Customers'  Vice-Coordinator
and spokesperson, who will provide proposals for the new tariff as
formulated by the citizens group. After the speakers, there will be an
open forum for the public to voice their opinions and ask questions.

The IP Customers United to Save Our Trees have a membership of over 400
citizens, all of whom have been invited to speak out at this meeting.
The group was formed last January in response to Illinois Power's
aggressive and unacceptable vegetation management tariff. The citizens
group won a battle when IP withdrew the tariff, but has not won the war
of saving Illinois' trees from butchery and ensuring citizens' quality
of life. This meeting on the 10th was designed to educate our members
about the next step in the Save our Trees campaign, and to inform the
public that the fight is still going!