[Trees-executive] Tuesday night

Carl H. Malmgren, II malmgren at life.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:33:48 CDT 2001

Thanks Jim for suggesting topics.

As you can see if you read the article I went on to point out that we
still had concerns including one about the grievance procedure.

Additionally I hope everyone realizes that the purpose of 1776 was
not to take the place of a vegetation tariff, but rather to prevent
IP  legislatively fro having their Vegetation Tariff override local
control.  Thus 1776 clarifies that this cannot occur.

HB 1776 will work in conjunction with any vegetation Tariff, and not
preclude it.

I think that we need to ask the legal committee to go over 1776 and
to give us their opinion of it.  That should also be brought up at
the Ex Com meeting tomorrow night.

I cannot make Normal this Thursday to bee at the ceremonies for Earth
Day when the EAC Gives IPCUTSOT the award.  I have asked Gretchen if
she, Ed and Mary can go.

Carl