[Vip-environmental] Weekly Update

Stephanie Juen juen at uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 11 22:34:33 CDT 2005

Hello everyone!

Thanks to those who came out for the Salt Fork River Clean-
up!!! I hope you all had a great time and are pumped for our
next upcoming events!

1) This Thursday we will be volunteering with the Champaign
County Forest Preserve District helping with prairie seed
collection. It's a ton of fun! You get a chance to be
outside, enjoy the nice fall weather, relax and goof off,
and do a TREMENDOUS service for our very short-staffed
friends at the CCFPD! We will be meeting at the Union Circle
Drive at 4pm and return between 6:30 and 7pm. Please reply
and let me know if you are interested in attending this
event.

2) The Make-A-Difference Workday at Allerton Park is this
Saturday! We help with this event every fall, and it's
always a good time (and they feed us awesome snacks!). We
will meet at the Union Circle Drive at 9am and return around
1pm. If you are interested in attending, please reply and
let me know.

3) Board applications for Volunteer Illini Projects are now
available!!! If you are interested in taking over my job
since I'm graduating or are interested in any of the other
director positions we have available, I encourage you to
pick up an application from the door of the VIP office
located in the RSO complex at the SW corner of the second
floor of the Union. If you have any questions about what is
required of directors and what us crazy people do, feel free
to ask me about it. **Applications are due FRIDAY OCTOBER
21st by 5PM!** So if you're interested in being even more
involved with the best RSO on campus, get those apps filled
out and turned in right away!!!

4)We are trying to get some feedback about your experiences
as volunteers, what you like about volunteering, what
motivates you, etc. If you would be willing to give just a
few minutes of your time to answer a couple questions, it
would be a BIG help. Please e-mail our chair Monica at
anataraj at uiuc.edu if you would be willing, and she will
contact you with more details.

2) Allerton make-a-difference workday on Sat.
3) BOD APPLICATIONS!
4) Volunteer Feedback

I hope to see a lot of you in the next several days!

Stephanie Juen
VIP-Environmental Director