[Vip-healthneeds] it's friday!

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 20 10:36:52 CST 2006

Hey guys!
  I hope everyone is enjoying the awesome 40 degrees weather
outside.  I want to thank everyone for coming out to
recruitment nights.  It was an awesome turn out!  For new
members, I look forward to working with everyone this
semester!  Now to business...

1. Shamrocks Against Dystrophy.  Sat. Jan. 21, 9:30-about 12
The event is finally almost here!  Muscular Dystrophy
Association needs our help to make shamrock kits, which will
be sold to various businesses and organizations.  All
donations go to help muscular dystrophy research.  For those
of you who expressed interest, please send me an e-mail
including YOUR NAME, PHONE NUMBER I CAN REACH YOU AT, AND
ADDRESS.  Also, I need you guys to be in front of the Union
circle drive
before 8:50 a.m.  I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I'm
still trying to figure out the rides situation.  If you can
drive that would be SO MUCH HELP!!  Again, sorry this is late
notice.  The last few days have been pretty hectic w/
Recruitment Night preparation.  Otherwise, I need everyone to
e-mail me back by 6 p.m. tonight so I can try to accomodate
everyone that's attending.  And the drive is pretty short:
downtown champaign.  Start off the new semester by really
taking the initiative to get active in your community!

2. Coordinator Applications: Sorry if I ran out of coordinator
applications at recruitment nights.  I'm attaching another
one.  This is a great way to really get involved in VIP, meet
some awesome people who are also passionate about promoting
health in your community, and learn and grow from some
valueable experiences.  The deadline for these is 5 p.m. this
upcoming Wednesday.

3. Orientation Nights Feb. 1 & 2 at 5-6 p.m.
I've gotten a lot of e-mails about where can I volunteer?
Well this is a great way to find out!  Some of our agencies
will be attending to give a brief speech about what kinds of
volunteer opportunities they have open and how you can apply.
I don't know the room number yet, so when I do I will let
everyone know.

Enjoy your weekend!  E-mail me if you have any questions or
concerns.
Theresa
Volunteer Illini Projects
Health Needs Director