VIP: Senior Citizens VIP-SC Weekly Reminder #1

Soojae Lee slee72 at uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 8 22:32:51 CST 2008

Hello great VIP-SC volunteers, this is Soojae.
I am here to tell you what VIP-SC has in store for you next week, Mon ~ Wed.

Before I start with VIP-SC stuff, there are few things that I want everyone to remember.

1) Daylight savings time is back!!  This time, we are losing an hour.  At mid night tonight, you should adjust your clock so it reads 1:00 a.m.  (Remember, Spring Forward!!!)
2) Here is something from Ross, Director of I-Vote.
Volunteer Illini Projects in collaboration with I-Vote is working towards 100% voter registration for all students. Currently to register to vote you only need to meet 2 requirements

1. US citizenship
2. 18 years of age before the next election

If you meet both of these requirements but are not registered to vote please stop by our RSO and register to vote. It's just one piece of paper and takes only a few minutes to fill out. In the Volunteer Illini Projects Office in the RSO we have voter registration forms. Once it is filled out we will turn them in to the county clerk's office. We will have people in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1pm till 2pm to help you register to vote or you can send us a message at vip.ivote at gmail.com if you have any other questions. If you are on facebook please join our group U-C I-Vote and help us spread the word by inviting your friends to join and learn more.

Don't put this off till the last minute because registration closes a month before the election!!!
Thanks
~I-Vote

Now... Let's go back to our usual VIP-SC stuff...

Mon. Fun & Games, Champaign County Nursing Home
Contact: Katie, valleau2 at uiuc.edu
Hi everyone! My name is Katie Valleau and I am the coordinator for Monday night Fun and Games at Champaign County Nursing Home.  We meet at the Union at 6:25pm on Mondays and head over to the nursing home to play games with the residents for an hour.  They love to see our bright smiling faces every week!  We will be back on campus by 8pm.

Mon. Musical Concert, Carle Arbours
Contact: Rachael, rgortow2 at uiuc.edu
This week, No Comment will be performing for the seniors at Carle Arbours.  We will meet at the Circle Drive at 7:00 p.m. and be back around 8:00 p.m. If you would like to come and help us to take the seniors back to their rooms after the event, please contact Rachael.

Tues. BINGO, Manor Care
Contact: Rachael, rgortow2 at uiuc.edu
Hi Guys, it's Rachael, your coordinator for Tuesday night bingo! We will be going to play bingo this Tuesday. If you want to come with, just show up at the Union Circle Drive
off of Green Street at 6:20 and look for me in a marron mini-van. We will go play bingo at the nursing home and be back by 7:40 at the latest. I hope to see some of you there!

Wed. BINGO, Champaign County Nursing Home
Contact: Nate, nbubb2 at uiuc.edu
"Hey Everybody,
My name is Nate Bubb, I am a sophomore and I am the new coordinator for Wednesday night bingo at Champaign County.  Just to remind all of you we play from 6:45pm till 7:45pm.  So if you would like to come out and join me, send me an email at nbubb2 at uiuc.edu.  On Wednesday (March 12) meet me at the Union at 6:30pm. I will be in the van.  Thanks for your time and I hope to get to meet some of you on Wednesday!