[Bikecoop-announce] Taste of Champaign Sign-Up

maxwell schnuer mschnuer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 17:03:46 CDT 2008

Hello everybody,
The Bike Project, along with Champaign County Bikes and Prairie Cycle, will
help to host the Bike Corral at The Taste of Champaign, June 20-22 (next
weekend), at West Side Park in Champaign. Volunteers from these groups will
be giving free drink tickets to festival-goers who arrive there by bicycle.
We will have a space by the bike parking area where we can give out the
tickets and supply information and materials about cycling and our groups.

We have a list of the time slots that in which volunteers are needed. Most
of the slots are two to three hours. Volunteers from The Bike Project would
only need to pass out drink tickets to riders, and give out information/
describe The Bike Project when people are interested. Ideally, we would like
there to be two volunteers at any one time- join up with a friend, or use it
as an opportunity to talk to somebody involved with a different bike
organization in the area. Drink (and hopefully food) tickets will also be
available to volunteers. This is a good opportunity for members who may not
be able to volunteer with TBP on a weekly basis, but would like to help out
without making a big commitment. This would also contribute to the hours of
any members in the work-membership program. Please send me the time(s)
you're interested in volunteering, based on the slots listed at
http://08TasteBikeCorral.notlong.com
I will also post a physical sign-up list in the Bike Co-op, right next to
the computer. Please include contact information if you sign up on this
list.

If aren't able to volunteer, you can stop by for a drink and a chat
(assuming, of course, that you're on your bike).

Thanks,
Max S.