[Bikecoop-announce] Building bikes for Kids - This Saturday at The Bike Project.

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 08:35:32 CDT 2008

Hey all,

If you're looking for a fun and fulfilling Saturday event, The Bike Project
has something for you.  We'll be refurbishing used kid's and teen bikes for
donation to a local Urbana school (King Elementary).  The school will then
see to the distribution of the bikes to students that can use them.  This
will be in support of local Safe Routes to School (SRTS) efforts.

Remember how much your bike meant to you.  You can make a child's year and
at the same time get them hooked on cycling as transportation and
recreation.

*Details about the Building Bikes for Kids Event:*

   - *When:* Saturday, June 28th from 12-5PM.
   - *Where:* The Bike Project Cooperative - 202 S. Broadway, Urbana (the
   old Urbana Post Office Depot)
   - We will be working on kids bikes and tuning them up for donation to
   Urbana's King elementary.  Also need to supply some bikes to the SRTS
   bike rodeos.
   - Childrens' bike donations are also welcome - for those looking to make
   some space in their garage.
   - We will have food and drinks available after the event for volunteers.
   - *Contact:* Tony Cherolis (acherolis at gmail.com) if you will be able to
   help or want more information.

If anyone has media contacts, perhaps a blurb advertising kid's bike
donations would be effective.

Thanks for your help!

Tony Cherolis
The Bike Project