[cgfc] CGFC Board Elections!!

Stephanie Crandall scrandal at illinoisalumni.org
Mon Jul 12 08:32:48 CDT 2004

Common ground members,

In case you haven't noticed the lovely instore signs, we are having
board elections at our upcoming general membership meeting on
August 15th!  If you are considering running for a position on the board
applications are available in the store, along with a packet of
information
available about what it means to be on our board.  These applications
are due by July 22 and can be turned in in the store.  Being on the
board entitles you to coreworker buying status (bonus!), and typically
entails meeting every two weeks with other board members and once
a month with our store coordinators for collaboritive efforts.  We will
have 6 seats open so there is plenty of room for eager members!!

Recent and current efforts of your board include:  planning and
organizing quarterly GMMs, working our current bylaws, newsletter
articles, staff evaluations and collaboration, process creation, and
maintaining our
relationship with the IDF.  In addition, we often have excellent
potlucks
in unison with meeting time!

If you think may be interested in getting your coreworker hours at the
coop by joining our board, please apply and bring your ideas and energy
for the coop to its decision making body.

Again applications are available in the store and are due July 22!

Your board secretary