[cgfc] Food Relief For Katrina victims

Lisa BK lisabk at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:37:01 CDT 2005

Attention all past, present, and future co-op members:

Here's the text of a flyer that's up in the store:

Common Ground Food Co-op is collecting aid to send to Hurricane Katrina
victims.

We will be sending money to Second Harvest, which is the national network of
food banks in the US. Second Harvest is coordinating millions of pounds of
food aid which they are trucking down to the areas in need so that people
can eat.

They have established a special "Hurricane Katrina" fund and will use
100%of money collected to get food to people in need. They have
requested
monetary donations to facilitate the transportation of food from food banks
and grocery stores across the country down to the areas in need. They have
set up a warehouse in the Baton Rouge, LA to act as their Emergency
Operations Center and to receive and distribute food.

*Please consider donating to help people in this severe national crisis. *

For more information on Second Harvest's efforts, please see their website
www.secondharvest.org <http://www.secondharvest.org/> or call their Chicago
office at 1-800-771-2303 x207

If you want to donate via the store, we're collecting money at the register.
If you'd rather donate over the phone or online, please contact Second
Harvest directly.

Second Harvest's latest press release is here:
http://www.secondharvest.org/site_content.asp?s=742

Thanks, everyone.

- CGFC staff