[Commotion-admin] [commotion-docs] In Tools and Equipment, add information about outdoor rated supplies (#170)

andygunn notifications at github.com
Tue May 13 16:48:56 EDT 2014

In [Gather Tools and Wireless Equipment](http://commotionwireless.net/docs/cck/building-mounting/gather-tools-and-wireless-equipment/), some more information needs to be given about using outdoor (UV) rated supplies, such as UV-rated zip-ties, outdoor Ethernet, etc. This comes from a public comment, and the summary is below:

"Zip Ties should be UV – rated.  I would add this means they will be black in color and the reason you want UV rated ones is to prevent the plastic breaking down in the sun.

Under the `Spool of Ethernet Cable` that it should be outdoor rated and gives a specific supplier and part number - you should stress the cable needs to be outdoor rated to prevent it breaking down in a year when exposed to the elements.

Under the anchor mounting instructions it mentions plastic anchors – on concrete or masonry either lead anchors or fasteners specifically designed for the application (like Tapcons) are much better. We found plastic anchors just slid out of the hole."

https://github.com/opentechinstitute/commotion-docs/issues/170