[Commotion-dev] open garden wifi tether

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 20:23:07 UTC 2012

Our new official test phone is stock, rooted HTC Sensation, but I've
also used an Evo 4g Shift and a Desire Z.

We've got a couple of Samsung phones, an ATT SGS2 and a low-end Euro phone.

The HTCs all use the bcm4329 driver, which appears to stably connect to
adhoc networks and olsrd runs well over that interface.

The Samsungs both use the dhd driver, which establishes an adhoc
network, but olsrd does not exchange TC messages over it. It finds
neighbors, but drops attempts to communicate with them after a few
seconds. Extremely frustrating.

Brian