[Commotion-dev] Help w/ Commotion dev/deployment for upcoming Allied Media Conference?

Ben West me at benwest.name
Sun Jun 24 23:45:00 UTC 2012

Hi All,

(Shout outs to Nina B. and Benjamin C.!)

In lieu of the upcoming Allied Media Conference in Detroit next weekend (
http://amc.alliedmedia.org/) is there need for assistance w/ pushing thru
progress on any low-hanging fruit in the Commotion OpenWRT issue queue?
https://code.commotionwireless.net/projects/commotion-openwrt/issues

I was not sure if folks were planning a small (or large?) mesh deployment
at AMC.  If so, are there any things folks would like to see working by
next weekend if possible, e.g.

- Better splash page operation?
- CoovaChilli integration, in case captive portal integration is desired?
- Cloudtrax dashboard integration (to generate live mesh status maps)?
- Alternatively, munin or nagios integration for automated node status
reporting?
- Documentation on flashing Commotion and basic operation, including remote
flashing?

P.S. As a reminder, I've re-published my working images atheros and ar71xx
of Commotion OpenWRT here.
http://info.gowasabi.net/commotion-openwrt/openwrt/

They're based on the last known compatible version of OpenWRT trunk r31639,
since newer versions r32002+ have updates to the kernel and/or netifd that
appear to break Commotion's meshconfig tool.  Again, do note the
atheros/ath5k images do not have luci, etc compiled in due to RAM
constraints on my FON2100's, but the *.ipk files are still there for
download.

P.P.S. I can not travel to Detroit myself, unfortunately.  I'm pinging the
list here, since I'm hoping to knock out a bunch pending tasks on
Commotion/ROBIN/WasabiNet/etc queue this week.

--
Ben West
me at benwest.name